Calling all photographers!
We are now accepting submissions for our upcoming August issue.
(click and read on for the full details!)
This is open to all photographers and their creative teams. There are four main criteria you will need to follow:
- It has to be a new and unpublished shoot, preferably completed within the next 30 days.
- It must contain wardrobe and/or accessories from emerging or independent designers/brands ONLY (editorials featuring major labels such as Chanel or Topshop will be disqualified unless they are kept to an absolute minimum).
- Nudity is allowed, however it must be implemented tastefully.
- You must follow the theme.
THEME: RECREATE YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE SCENES
For our August Issue, we asked our readers (aka YOU) to vote on a number of themes to determine the course of this issue. You have spoken and our new theme has been determined! As the name suggests, you will be charged with reproducing images that replicate scenes from your favorite movies. Any and all movies are welcome, but be sure to inform us of what film you were channeling in your submission email.
To make it easier for us to review all the submissions we receive, we ask that you follow these steps when sending us submissions:
- Label your email subject line as "August Submission".
- Attach each image to your submission email as separate JPEG files. Please do not send us links to the images on your website, a zip file, or film strips (we won't even review them unless they match our requirements).
- Limit the number of images you submit to 10 and keep them under 1,000 pixels.
- Include an attached word document with complete team/wardrobe credits in your submission email, as well as an editorial name if you have one.
- You are more then welcome to submit up to 3 different submissions, but they must follow the above criteria each time you submit one.
THE FINAL DEADLINE IS FRIDAY JULY 22, 2011 BY MIDNIGHT
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE
Upon receiving your submission we will send an automated email confirmation. Beyond that, we will only be following up with teams whose work we intend to use in the magazine and or on our website. If we choose any of your work, we will notify you no later than July 27th.
Judging from the success of our last open call, we are sure to receive a multitude of submissions, so unfortunately there is no guarantee that your shoot will make into the magazine in its entirety (we may just choose one photo) or that it will make it in at all. We will only be including the absolute best of the bunch, so bring your “A” game. Honorable mentions (such as those images that do not make the magazine) will be displayed as webitorials on www.papercutmag.com
We were beyond impressed with our last issue, and can’t wait to see what you come up with this time around! Good luck!!
The Papercut team