GET ARTSY: A call for July issue submissions
Read on for full theme and deadline information.
July is our annual art issue so we want you to get creative and experiment with various mediums to celebrate the arts. This can include traditional art forms (such as painting and illustration) to digital media and music:
• Use an art movement or period for inspiration
• Take a famous artist and emulate their work in your style
• Play with color, texture, light, reflection
• Experiment with different mediums (paint, illustration, collage, etc.)
ALSO, we have launched our fully interactive edition via an iPad app along with our regular digital and print issues. This opens a whole new publication experience complete with interactive elements such as image slideshows, multi-media extras and cool effects.
To create the most compelling presentation of your work for the iPad app, we need any extra available content created in conjunction to your editorial. This includes audio, video, behind-the-scenes takes and horizontal & vertical options of each shot.
• audio recordings
• video (formats: MP4 files with H.264 encoding, .mov and .m4v)
• behind-the-scenes video
• vertical & horizontal versions of each photo
· This is open to all photographers and creative teams.
· Must be a new and/or unpublished editorial.
· Must contain wardrobe and/or accessories from emerging or independent designers/brands ONLY.
· Nudity is allowed, however must be implemented tastefully.
· PLEASE make sure to check our submission requirements before submitting.
· Last but not least...HAVE FUN!!!
All submissions are due to us at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday July 8, 2012 at midnight US EST (NO EXCEPTIONS) and all accepted work will be notified within a week of the deadline closing.
All submissions will receive an email confirmation to ensure that we have received your work. Please note that this is NOT an auto-reply, so it may take a few hours for us to confirm.
If it takes more than 24 hours, however, there is a chance we may have not received your email, so please follow up at email@example.com.
The Papercut team