Papercut Magazine accepts submissions from emerging photographers, artists, musicians, bloggers, writers, filmmakers, fashion brands, designers, stylists and startups. If accepted, your work may be featured on our website, magazine or both.
All submission guidelines can be found below.
Full Disclosure: By allowing Papercut Magazine to publish your work, you grant us permission to use your work in any of our publications, websites, marketing material, advertisements, videos and any other mediums or formats used in the creation, dissemination, and monetization of Papercut Magazine content.
PHOTOGRAPHY & WEBITORIAL SUBMISSIONS
All photography submissions should be submitted to us through our new submissions portal at http://submissions.papercutmag.com. This will now be the new home for all contributing photographers to submit photography submissions to us. Just create an account, agree to the submission terms, upload your images, team credits, clothing credits and submit.With this new system it will be easier for us to quickly review and notify teams of the status of their submission.
Photography Submission Guidelines
- It must contain wardrobe and/or accessories from emerging or independent designers and brands (major labels such as Chanel or Topshop will not be accepted).
- We’re not prudes, so nudity is allowed; however, it must be implemented tastefully.
- We prefer if the shoot was unpublished but have made exceptions if we really love the images.
- There are no themes, unless it’s an Open Call, in which case we’ll put this information on the Open Call announcement.
- File Size/Specifications All files for both Open Call submissions and Webitorial submissions must be sent as JPEG file attachments sized to 1020 pixels wide with a resolution of 100dpi. Please do NOT useWeTransfer, YouSendIt or any other file-sharing websites unless we request hi-res images. We can accept up to 8MB per image, so this shouldn’t be a problem.- Please avoid sending us PDF’s or links to online slideshows.Team Credits Please be sure to have all team credits with your submission. This should include (but is not limited to) photographer, hair, makeup, stylist, model assistants, etc. If your model(s) are agency represented, please be sure to specify the agency’s name as well.
- Please provide links to your website for linking purposes to help promote your work. Wardrobe Credits In addition, all wardrobe credits need to be clearly stated according to image file name so that we can easily distinguish which look goes with what images. This helps us to avoid any errors!
- Please also include URLs to the websites of the brands and designers you use in your spread so we can verify all designers/brands are emerging. Important! Wardrobe credits must adhere to the following format: “Jacket by NAME, shirt and pants by NAME, shoes by NAME.”
ART SUBMISSIONSWe love art too. So much so that we have a whole issue dedicated to it each year. We encourage any and all aspiring artists out there to send us your work so we can feature it. And just like music no art is off limits. *Note, we no longer accept Art submissions through email, please submit your work through our submission portal at http://submissions.papercutmag.com. Please include your Bio, images of your work, a video (if applicable), and any image notes or descriptions about the work.
VIDEO / FILM SUBMISSIONSPapercut Magazine is now taking video submissions to be featured on Papercut TV and our new Interactive Edition for the iPad.If you're a creative or fine art videographer, Vlogger, short narrative or documentary film maker, we encourage you to send us your work so we can share it with our readers around the world. Send all video submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the headline "Video Submission" or "Film Submission" and link to where the video can be viewed such as Youtube or Vimeo. We are open to all types of video covering various topics.Videos with nudity is acceptable but it must be artistic, creatively utilized and tasteful.
MUSIC SUBMISSIONSPapercut Magazine features new musical acts in our magazine and on our website. If you are interested in having your music featured, please email us at email@example.com with the headline “Music Submission” and include some information about you, your band or your client, a link to where we can listen to the music and your social sites. We love all genres of music, so don’t be shy, show us what you got!
DESIGNER / BRAND SUBMISSIONSIf you are a rising / emerging designer or clothing brand looking to be featured please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the headline “Designer Submission” or “Brand Submission”. Include product images, lookbook, a link to your website and a brief bio. We do not discriminate and love both womenswear and menswear, accessories, footwear, jewelry and anything else that you can think of.
CONTRIBUTING WRITER / BLOGGER SUBMISSIONSAt Papercut Magazine we are always looking for guest writers and bloggers who would like to contribute to the magazine and website. If you are interested in writing or blogging for us, please send an email email@example.com with the headline “Writer Submission” or “Blogger Submission” and include writing samples and links to your work, blog orporfolio. Some of the topics we cover include music, culture, art, artist and designer interviews, DIY fashion, and creative arts-based digital technology. We love people who are creative and think differently, people who zag while everyone else zigs.
GENERAL NEWSIf you have general news you would like to share with us that you don’t see an appropriate email for, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And last but not least... Please be patient. We receive a lot of submissions that we try to review and respond in a timely manner. On occasion, we do get overloaded and it may take up to two weeks or more. Please keep this in mind when submitting, especially if you intend to submit your work to more than one publication.have general news you would like to share with us that you don’t see an appropriate email for, please send it to email@example.com.